Directions for Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Read the entire label before each use.
How to Open
- Be sure tube is at the bottom of pouch.
- Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
How to Apply
- Remove one applicator tube from the package. See “HOW TO OPEN” section.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position facing away from you and your pet’s face and eyes. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your cat’s eyes, or allow your cat to ingest this product. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the cat licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product. Do not allow the product to run off.
- Discard empty tube as described in the Storage and Disposal.
- Kitten (2-5 lbs)
Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four (4) weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every fourteen (14) days. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
Small Cat (5-9 lbs) and Large Cat (over 9 lbs)
Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four (4) weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every seven (7) days. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
- Use only on cats or kittens 8 weeks and older and with a weight corresponding to the product used (2-5 lbs, 5-9 lbs, or over 9 lbs). Do not use on other animals.
- Do not apply more than one (1) tube per treatment.
- Do not have contact or allow children to have contact with treated area until completely dry.
Storage and Disposal
- Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal.
- Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool, dry place inaccessible to children and pets.
- Pesticide Disposal and Container Handling: Nonrefillable container.
- If empty: Do not reuse or refill this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available.
- If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-422-9874 for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
More Product Information
View the product label for complete instructions, product description, precautionary statements, and first aid.
Visit Bayer’s website PetBasics.com for more information about Advantage II for Cats and related products.